Federal Benefits Unit, Veterans Services, and OPM
- Assistance in filing claims for retirement, survivor and disability benefits from the Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration, Office of Personnel Management and other Federal Benefits Agencies.
- Applying for Social Security number
- Reporting of change of address
- Reporting the death of a beneficiary
- Reporting a lost or delayed check
Hours of Operation - Thessaloniki
The Consulate General in Thessaloniki is open to the public for Consular Services every Tuesday and Thursday from 09:00 to 13:00. Telephone assistance for Consular issues can be obtained every Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 14:00 and 16:00.
Hours of Operation - Embassy Athens
Preferred contact method is email for federal benefits at FBU.Athens@ssa.gov
Telephone calls are accepted at (30-210) 720-2426 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, except Greek and U.S. holidays, and the last Wednesday of the month.
Walk-in customers are accepted 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon, on days the office is open ~ Avoid an inconvenient trip to Athens, email FBU.Athens@ssa.gov or call first.
Interviews are available at other hours by appointment only.
Our office will assist in translating official documents which are needed in connection with applications for federal benefits.