U.S. Citizen Services
This page provides important information about the services that the American Consulate General in Thessaloniki offers to the U.S. citizens.
The Consulate General's Consular Section can assist you with U.S. passports, Reports of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen, notarials, absentee voting, Selective Service registration, Federal benefits, and other specialized consular services.
You can reach the Consular Section:
By Telephone: 30 2310 242-905 extension 3104.
By Fax: 30 2310 242-927.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In person: The Consular Section is open to the public every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 13:00, except on Greek and American official holidays. In emergencies, after normal working hours, you can seek assistance through the Switchboard at the American Embassy in Athens Tel: 210-720 2490 Detailed recorded information is available by dialing our telephone number and following the prompts.
Unfortunately, the Consulate General cannot serve as an attorney, bank, travel agent, employment agent, or investment advisor, nor can the Consulate obtain residence permits for you, renew your U.S. driver's licenses, act as interpreter, search for lost luggage, settle disputes, or issue immigrant or non-immigrant visas. However, we will be happy to advise you how to get help for such matters.
Here is information about our procedures that may be helpful to you:
- Visitors are admitted to the consulate one-by-one and must submit to security procedures similar to those you will encounter in airports. Please cooperate with the security personnel. They are there to protect the consulate and its visitors, and to maintain order.
- Cameras and mobile phones are not permitted inside the consulate.
- Don’t forget to bring your passport or identity card.
- Baggage and items such as baby carriages cause long delays and complications during the security procedures. There is no place to store these items at the entrance. It is better not to bring baby carriages or luggage.
- The consulate is handicapped-accessible.
Quality Of Service
If you have received services from the consular section recently - please take a moment to tell us about your experience. Click Here